The foundations of a successful business have to be stable and well prepared to handle increasing demands and changes. In today’s world, one of the cores for every business is the IT network. This is what allows employees to communicate with each other and with customers, it is where all the data is kept, it is what keeps the company running. The costs of an IT department can make or break a business, or at least severely impact its bottom line. Each business must ask itself, what the goal of its IT department is, and what type of costs it can afford. This is why many small to medium businesses have begun choosing IT outsourcing services as a solution to their IT dilemma.
There are some key issues that one needs to consider when evaluating their in-house IT department and an IT outsourcing service. What do you want your IT department focusing on? Do you want them focusing on putting out fires and doing routine maintenance tasks, or would you rather they are working on innovation? If an IT department is able to focus their efforts on improving the company’s website or mobile app which it uses to interact with customers, then it can increase business and revenues. If the IT department is always hamstrung doing maintenance, then it becomes a major cost to the company without being able to focus on long term projects.
Choosing an IT outsourcing company like DSS can alleviate a whole list of issues, such as:
- No up-front costs for servers/hardware/software.
- No variable maintenance costs.
- The outsource company keeps employees up to date, so there is no need to worry about spending money and time training employees on new technology.
- They are able to scale, meaning they can keep up with an increasing number of locations and transactions.
There are many services DSS can provide to a company it does IT service for.
- We can provide strategic planning and Management. This means we are able to provide assistance on IT related projects or initiatives.
- You no longer have to worry about finding the resources for your data center (space, power, maintenance) because all of it is done by us.
- In-office and end-user support can be available and our professionals will be up to date on all the most current issues.
- No need to worry about keeping your servers and software up to date because we do that for you.
Obviously, there is a question of data security, always make sure the IT outsource company you partner with is trustworthy. IT outsourcing isn’t for every company, which is why it’s important to do research beforehand. Start with the basics: server and software costs, maintenance requirements, data storage needs, on-site or virtual support for employees, customer support functions and plans for expansion. Then if you see outsourcing your IT is the right decision, DSS will be waiting.